Saturday, November 29, 2008
1. What will our ranking be on monday?
Assuming we beat Virginia, I'm gonna guess 18-ish. Beating the National Champions from the last three years is pretty impressive. We're not under the radar any more.
2. Over/Under on the number of pounds the O-Line gains on turkey day?
Mitch Browning actually invited them all over for Thanksgiving. Rice cakes, yogurt, and reduced-fat Oreos were served. They lost a total of 28 pounds.
3. What was the first word out of your mouth when Flynn hit the three?
I was in the basement of my house all by myself. Everyone else was asleep so I had to keep it down. I was, however, jumping around like an idiot.
4. How bad are we going to lose against cincinatti?
It's weird... I have a feeling we're actually going to win this game. I know that statistically there's no way we should (maybe I'm still running on a high from the Notre Dame game), but I feel like Syracuse is going to win this game just to make the conference even more bizarre. Big East football has had a crazy ride this year, so why not keep it going one more week? Syracuse wins it 24-21 on a last-second Shadle field goal.
5. What should we expect from the Virginia game on friday?
As long as SU keeps playing the way they did earlier this week, it should be a blow out. UVa just lost to Liberty, a school that I'm sure most of us didn't know existed. I predict a spectacular Flynn to Harris alley oop, less turnovers, more bad free throws, and a 20% chance of shattered backboard.
6. Do you think we will see Hogue or Carter play against Cincinatti at all?
Hogue yes, Carter no. It's a shame... When Carter was carried off the field his freshman year I remember thinking that he might be able to bring this team back to the good ol' days. I guess the injuries have really slowed him down. I also think it's possible that our army of running backs is preventing any one of them from really being able to shine, leaving us with nothing but "flashes." As soon as one takes over the spotlight (Brinkley), another steals it away (Bailey).
7. More importantly, give me your top 3 candidates for the head coach position.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
NunesMagician: man...I think Georgetown '99 (I think)
Alex O.: old man ^
BiggsMagician: ok now if i saw a car drive itself id piss my pants
BiggsMagician: not to mention there isint an oreilly location in ny
NunesMagician: I dont think I've seen one out here either
BiggsMagician: where the fuck are they thennnn, iowa?
Jameson: yeah i love the fact that when the dome goes "check out your local O'Reilly Auto Parts Dealer" you actually have to go out of state for one
NunesMagician: that's crazy, what a waste of money
031501: i'm checking out guys
031501: good lucj 2nd half
BiggsMagician: keep that to yourself man. later.
NunesMagician: seriously, all those other guys are just names to me. I don't know anything about them other than other people have said they were good
BiggsMagician: steve addazio.
NunesMagician: I hear good things but I know nothing about him
NunesMagician: other than Rob Konrad likes him
BiggsMagician: who are we to say no to konrad?
NunesMagician: good point
voteprime: I said no to Rob Konrad once. It didn't feel good afterwards.
BiggsMagician: another t-shirt idea.
BiggsMagician: the many moods of jim boeheim.
BiggsMagician: pissed pissed pissed pissed, kindanotpissedbutstillpissed, pissed, pissed
The J Nice: annoyed
The J Nice: annoyed to the point of being pissy]
BiggsMagician: yea thats even better
The J Nice: horny
NunesMagician: I wonder if he's pissed
BiggsMagician: horny? do we even need that one?
The J Nice: he;s gotta be in a horny mood sometimes
BiggsMagician: hello, juli boeheim?
voteprime: FEED ONUAKU!
BiggsMagician: what are we gonna feed onuaku? babies?
voteprime: raw meat?
BiggsMagician: he eats loads of em, protein man, protein.
Alex O.: ao eats o'reilly auto parts
NunesMagician: Georgetown students
voteprime: organic babies. available at whole foods.
BiggsMagician: couldnt go without talking about olive garden.
NunesMagician: Someone get that Dad to steal Jonny's pasta!
BiggsMagician: LMFAO classic. fucking classic.
BiggsMagician: someone give vitale a speech impediment and tie his hands behind his back
The J Nice: everyone is a big time player
The J Nice: he loves intensity
NunesMagician: he loves talking
voteprime: PTPer, baby!
NunesMagician: Someone punch Devo in the ACL right now
NunesMagician: (I'm a terrible person)
Alex O.: haha
voteprime: (but I'm still laughing)
BiggsMagician: that man deserves applause and a tour of italy hand delivered by bruce williams and his tight butt.
The J Nice: this is the gayest chat i've ever attended
voteprime: i feel like I've been violated. and I'm okay with that.
BiggsMagician: yea basically.
NunesMagician: Seriously. Someone needs to call a "no homo" on this entire chat
Alex O.: i just took my pants off
Good time was had by all, we'll see about one for friday, we'll see.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Some things i liked
- We beat florida, fucking floridaaa.
- Settin up the rematch, its about time.
- Rautins looked spectacular, especially after his shitty start. 5 tres in the first half. It's the andy we all know and love.
- 5 orange players in double figures. 5.
- Kristof! had 5 points, thats like flynn having 30.
- Held Calathes under 20 too. is it me or does he kinda look like kristof?
Some things i disliked
- who the fuck is alex tyus and how did he drop 24 on us?
- Free throws. free..... throws. whats interesting about that stat?THEY'RE FREE, let's make them already.
- Defense surrendered more than 80 points. baddd. bad bad bad.
Can't complain much more than that.
Onward to the kansas preview......
Orange(4-0) at Jayhawks(3-0)
10 pm, espn2.
When the orange have the ball:
- Look for plenty of guys to attack from the perimeter. Rautins, Flynn, and Devo have showed flashes from the perimeter.
- If kansas doesnt slow onuaku down the game is over.
- Jim boeheim may have his hands on his head a few times tonight.
- If Flynn draws a double team, watch out for the waffle.
When Kansas has the ball
- Sherron Collins will control the game up top. he's the leader of a very young kansas team, so he will definitely be a catalyst, especially if he has a hot hand.
- Cole aldrich is one of the best young centers around, look for him to thrive in the 2-3 if arinze doesnt make him his bitch.
- on 2nd thought, he's arinze's bitch.
- Overall, this team is the 07 Syracuse of this year, great young talent, but i think there's a lot of mistakes theyre going to make.
Join me tonight here at 10pm for a livechat.
Arinze's newly deformed head, olive garden, the coaching search, my teacher that looks like grob, and the game will be discussed.
Stay Flashy, Orange Nation
Saturday, November 22, 2008
FIGHTING IRISH 23
yes boys and girls, we somehow sucessfully dispatched a satanic catholic institution that thinks so highly of itself that it has large posters of all the SI covers in its own stadium. who woulda thunk it?
Now personally watching this game, i was beginning to wonder if it was november 22nd or christmas out there, because i saw plenty of gifts being handed out. We played sloppy, they played sloppy.
However, i think there is one logical explanation on how we could have possibly won the game, They threw the season to get Greg Fired and the Darryl Gross Hype machine didnt want us to know. just a theory.
Things i liked:
- WE WON! WE FUCKING WON! AHHHHHHHH!
- WE WON!
- ok enough with the winning
- Antwaan Bailey playing like he suddenly posesses testicles.
- Cameron Dantley stepped up with some great passes on third down.
- 2nd and 47
- Botched Holds
- Short field goals
- Want-to in the broadcast
- Making it a 4th Quarter game as opposed to a 1st Quarter Game
- A Syracuse game where the crowd wasnt dressed as bleachers by the end.
- First Down Syndrome.
- WINNING THE GAME
- Getting to heckle a sizeable portion of my friends and colleagues on monday
Things i didnt like
- If this was gonna be like christmas, we should have came as the uncle that converted to judaism just so he didnt have to bring gifts.
- That bullshit touchdown call. There was obvious OPI on that, no kiddin.
- Where was Dug HOAG?
- Greggers didnt show us his vertical leap this week, maybe it didnt improve.
- Bailey playing better than brinkley
- Not winning free bread.
So there you have it, we basically suck half the game and we beat a team that typically enough...... really sucks. we dont have a streak of 9 bowl losses either.
and now over to the Boise State Game
Until Next Time,
Stay Flashy Orange Nation
- We HAVEN'T Lost 9 STRAIGHT BOWL GAMES.
- Our Coach doesnt need to be on the Biggest Loser
- Schedule Strength. The combined record of notre dame's losing opponents? 18-46.
- They Stole 2 BULLSHIT heismans from us. 2. Jim Brown should have won and even the POLL had Mcpherson winning.
- A much better Fight song, much, much better.
- We've had a legitimate national title in the last 50 years(barely, but ok.)
- We aren't losing a bowl game this year.
- We dont cry at the single hint of misfortune.
- We've beaten Boston College in the past 7 years.
- The movie about our program isint about some random loser off the streets.
- We don't need a network tv deal for people to know how bad we suck.
- Notre Dame's fan base consists of fans who couldn't get into Notre Dame.
- They Can't find South Bend on a Map.
- We CAN find syracuse on a map.
- 100 percent of our national titles are legit.
- Weis didnt make a bowl game last year and was not fired. meanwhile Willingham at least made it to the insight bowl and he was fired.
- Syracuse Doesnt fire coaches because they are black.
In conclusion, Even though we're gonna lose, we still...... win. If youd like to talk about the game i'll be over in the gamethread at TNIAAM
Stay Classy, orange nation
Friday, November 21, 2008
I could not find this game anywhere tonight
Auditions now being held for the skipper, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, professor, and marianne.
yea and it was in fact supposed to last 3 hours. and boy life is a rough ocean for me when it comes to not being able to even listen to the game, it drives me nuts.
getting past that.......
Our orangemen are now 2-0 ladies and gentlemen (thunderous applause) After an 86-66 trouncing of Oakland, Michigan. Now this is purely on statistics alone as you can obviously tell, so i'll just give you my observations so i can get to my Notre Dame Preview Post.
Things i liked
- Mookie got some minutes tonight, where was this last time J-Bo?
- Our Basketball Headed Friend was 5-for-5 from the field tonight. 3 stuffs as well.
- The Waffle got on the board, we really don't ask much of him other than to put the occasional point on the board and play some defense.
- Rick Jackson had a Rocket in his ass tonight, he got to the ball.
- Jonny Boy Led all scorers with 18 points. MVP! MVP!
Things i Disliked
- The horrendous 3 point gunning needs to stop. when your 3 point percentage is less than G-Rob's win percentage, something's wrong.
- FREE THROWS, JIM, FREE THROWS
- Sean Williams averaging no points and a foul a minute.
- Rautins needs to find his stroke in the next month.
- Attendance. It's friday night Central New York, go support your orangemen and help pay new football coach Darryl Gross's salary(me and sean are convinced)
Well that about covers the game, nothing interesting to report other than another win on our march to an undefeated season. HOOAH!
ill post a preview of some variety tomorrow and then i'll be in the gamethread over at TNIAAM while our beloved band of want-toers loses to a ironically satanic catholic institution. Yes i just compared them to satan. Definitely be there, it's a good time.
Until next time,
Stay Flashy, Orange Nation
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
In an interview with TK99, the Good Doctor was in, and he spilled some very interesting details.
In this interview, Doctor(?) Gross says that "Everybody's a Candidate". Does this mean that i could coach this football team right now? I never knew our standards could possibly drop this low. But then again, after all the money we've lost, i look like a bargain.
Among the other Names mentioned: Mike Leach
Now i think Leach is a great coach, but what business would he have coaching a team that is in its 4th straight losing season? Now while the lack of recruiting connections could very well be a problem, i do see one major upside to having him as a coach, We'll have a mcnabb-esque QB to lead us into the future because of the offense he'll want to install here at syracuse. What do the 1987 and 1998 teams have in common? A pectacular athlete at quarterback. Thats where it truly begins for us, the running backs will come, as with averin collier.
And so i now move into a look at some of the other people i'd consider for the head coaching position. Maybe a few you havent thought of
Steve Addazio: If the alumni supports him, i cant help but be behind him 100 percent. The alumni who suggested him played for winning teams with him working on the sidelines, and who better to make a suggestion than former players that played for winning teams during his tenure?
Randy Edsall: Another great choice given his SU ties, but i have to question, will he really bolt uconn for their own rival? That remains to be seen.
Chris Petersen: Highly unlikely we'll get him, but he is one hell of a football coach. If sean hadnt taken the absolute magician sentence, i woulda used that name instead because this man is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Not afraid to be aggressive with his playcalling, which certainly would help considering Greggers rarely took a deep shot downfield.
Turner Gill- We'll let jesus decide.
And some others we can only dream about, because they might not ever happen, but hey, everyone's a candidate.
Ghengis Kahn- Great connections in the ancient mongol recruiting hotbed, also seems to know a thing or two about horse blood,
Josef Stalin- This team could always use a nice dose of absolute power. Consequence does some spectacular things, especially when they'll always play like their lives depend on it.
Trojan Man-Would definitely help with our "Pass Protection"
the GOOD DOCTOR- wouldnt want him to, but he kinda reminds me of isaiah thomas in a sense. Has a roster full of losers and cry babies, and no help from his staff. Would be replaced as athletic director by former roman emperor Caligula, who would then fire him and replace him with a donkey because even i couldnt tell the difference.
What do all these people have in common? theyre all unable to hold the job because theyre either dead, not real, or in a much better job now. But any one of them could be hired because EVERYONE is a candidate. It's just like little league because EVERYONE can win, however that is where the Doctor is wrong(GASP, MALPRACTICE!). If EVERYONE can hold the job, then Gross is the new hero of the american economic system because we'll all be making 7 figure salaries. go figure(da dum *Crash!*).
In Conclusion, apparently Gross will waste no time in hiring perhaps, the crying child. You never know, you never know......
Until next time,
Stay Flashy, Orange Nation
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Well to start, let's just say the Orange had their hands full tonight dealing with an extremely well coached Richmond team. The game had quite a few lead changes and even with the explosion we had in the 2nd half, it's safe to say that this team needs the nonconference schedule this year in order to get this team prepared for the rigors of Conference Play.
We'll be fine for now, but the Big East is a much different beast to tame.16 teams beating each other into oblivion doesnt lie when youre talking about tough conferences.
In addition, the Gross propagandafication device strikes again, they claim that we not only beat the Richmond spiders, We terminated them.
Thats right, we went all terminix on their ass. And Flynn is the fucking orkin man.
Things i Liked
- Arinze's 17 points and 6 Boards. The man is still a force to be reckoned with and someone that is going to make huge waves in the Big East. He's Roy Hibbert only much better
- JONNY FLYNN- he was also out in full force tonight on the offensive end, scoring a whopping 27 points against an A-10 opponent in just the 2nd game of the season.At Orkin, Shooting is his best weapon.
- DEVO. He's Baaaaackkkkk, great 22 point effort tonight.
Things i disliked
- FREE THROWS, FREE THROWS, FREE THROWS-Over the years i have watched the orange, ive always known us to have a very well rounded ballclub except in one key area, free throws. With all the talent and experience Jim Boeheim has you figure his team could be better than 12 of 19 from the charity stripe. That puzzles me to this day.
- Defense could still be better.The 2nd half looked good, but the first half was a subpar, and here's why. The zone needs more motion, on more that one occasion i saw shots go uncontested. If i'm coach Boeheim, whoever didnt step out and at least try to contest the shot takes a seat for a bit.
- Shot selection could have been better
- Where was Mookie Tonight?
And now to what the brains of the operation had to say afterwards...
On the stretch of Eric Devendorf's 3-pointers: "We spread it out and got him a couple good looks and he knocked them down. Jonny made a couple really good penetration passes. Jonny was really good tonight. They had their defense back set for him, and he made some big plays."
I can't even say it better than that. It's still too early to tell how this season will turn out but once we really get rolling we'll likely be fine. We'd be in trouble if we didnt have this nonconference schedule, we still have guys getting back on their feet and a great group of youngsters who are learning, so that's going to take a few games. Coach Boeheim should make a note to himself: FREE THROWS. This team is much better when they make their free throws. lets get to work.
Stay Flashy, Orange Nation
Now to be perfectly honest with you, i think that Greg recieved plenty of advice on how to handle the media from the GOOD DOCTOR, because the doctor also seems to think that it's always sunny in Syracuse, which is why it took so long to fire this guy that mysteriously looks like a health teacher in my school. Dead ass, the first time i saw this guy i swear he was the skinny greg robinson.
"The timing of this announcement allows us to end rumor and speculation and provides us ample time to hire a head coach who has shown the capability to produce a winning football program that the Syracuse nation can be proud of."
What about LAST YEAR Darryl? If timing is everything, maybe we should have just timed this exactly right and kicked him out last year.
"I have made the decision to move our football program in a new direction and have informed Greg Robinson that his tenure as Syracuse's head coach will end at the conclusion of this season. "
As if we didnt already know this.......
"Coach Robinson worked very hard to try to establish a winning program, one that could eventually compete for the conference championship on a regular basis. Unfortunately, the progress we expected to see has not occurred."
We saw this about 3 years before you touched on progress not happening. explain to me how this guy has his Ph.d and yet the fans are more intelligent than he is. he must have downright bought his way through college.
And what does the man who will no longer reside in syracuse have to say?
"It doesn't really come as a surprise to me"
You're not alone greg, it didnt surprise us either.
I'll wrap it up on that note, Syracuse-Richmond is on right now and my focus needs to be on the tv
which reminds me....
i'll be doing livechats using good old CiL for select basketball games, that is if sean isint doing one and im free to do one. more details to follow
I'll be back after the game with a postgame wrap-up
until then, stay classy Orange Nation
Monday, November 17, 2008
First off, I am only a HS senior, you got it right. I've been a Syracuse University sports fan since i was old enough to walk. I reside somewhere in Orange County, NY, a far cry from the friendly confines of the Mohawk Valley. I plan on transferring to Syracuse in the fall of 2011 after my first two years of college.
Some of you may remember me from my time on Troy Nunes Is an Absolute Magician. I helped fill in for Sean while he was prancing around in the jolly land of Fish n' Chips and foot fairies. He does his job well, very well indeed.
Now a lot of you may be wondering, what filthy shit are you going to deposit into this space on the internet? and boy do i have some shit for you.
Expect me to cover the following:
- Syracuse Orange Football
- Syracuse Orange Basketball
- A spot of Boise State Football, not much, but some.
- College Football/Basketball in general when the situation calls
- Buffalo Bills Football(once again, a bit. i'm not gonna bore you.)
Expect to see some great stuff on here, im open to ideas, suggestions, and even if youd like to submit some content, my blog is your blog.
Stay Flashy, Orange Nation