Tuesday, February 24, 2009
First off, Mr "Unforced Eric" Devendorf had some wonderful words of wisdom about the Big East:
"Nobody's an easy team in the Big East," Devendorf said. "Anybody can beat anybody. We've got to play like we approach every game. We've got to play hard."
Anybody can beat anybody, huh? so in other words you are one of the anybodies, and a random chick off the street is the other anybody. Way to work in a nice bitchslapping reference. How about you focus on basketball?
Syracuse(7-7 Big East)
St Johns(4-10 Big East)
Overall records unimportant.
Last time out: Syracuse lost a heartbreaker to villanova at the carrier dome.
St Johns Def. Seton Hall at home.
If Syracuse Expects to Win:
1.Keep a leash on devendorf- every time he turns it over, sit him. one turnover turns into another with this kid.
2. Feed the ball into the post- Jackson and onuaku combined for 12 points against villanova, they're not getting many shots.
3. Give ongenaet a chance and make the defense guard everyone.
Game's on. I rest my case.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
I'm hiding underneath my T3I branded Orange Snuggie as i type this.
Not only can the kids at nova play hoops, they also can lace up the old dance whites every once in a while.
Our team should do this at halftime of all home football games. Imagine the drecrease in empty seats when we all find out that Paul Harris will sport his fro and begin singing and dancing a medley of 1970s disco hits at halftime.
A duet with eric devendorf on the Village people's "In the Navy" since the us government(er... the SU JUDICIAL BOARD) will force him to enlist and complete a tour of duty in order to return to school the next time he "high fives" a woman in the face.
The hustle- A dance which is named after something paul harris never does.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Syracuse keys to win:
- Limit turnovers, the turnover margin vs Villanova was atrocious.
- Andy Rautins needs to have a hot hand, is this necessarily going to win it for us? no. But it will certainly make Devendorf think before he acts. He thinks he's from Scranton, PA now. And when he plays bad, they all play bad.
- Use the shot fake frequently around thabeet and get him in foul trouble with the lean. Take him out of the game so he cannot be a factor late.
Xs And Os- Uconn is a team that loves the fast break. In the half court offensive sets, look for the forwards to go backdoor frequently against the zone, especially if they can successfuly feed the ball into the high post and bring onuaku up, thus creating space for thabeet.
and that's a wrap.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I'm gonna make this brief because Sleep is a definite must in the next 10 minutes. Here's what's going on around the SU Nation:
- Football Recruiting season still is not over for us, 4-Star All purpose back David Oku has yet to announce his college decision publically, and this could stretch wayyy into next week. We do know one thing however, the kid has a Serious Orange Fetish.
I mean c'mon..... Auburn, Syracuse, Tennesee......... I don't know if you see a pattern there, but I do.
- Rumor has it that the Big East may not be a 10 bid league after all. We can all find solace in the fact that the schools fucking the whole conference over are the two with the most popular hate websites in all of college basketball, Ladies and Gentlemen, Let's hear it for.......
Whoregetown, and Notre Lame!
They are also the only 2 schools on the face of this earth that should have lost all national accreditation due to the fact that they are nothing more than training grounds for international Sports Following Terrorists that believe the team with the most fans is automatically superior, despite how they actually perform on the field. 24-21, notre dame fans. Need i say more?
- The spring game for football will once again be abbreviated. Although it will be abbreviated, there is no way in hell it could compare to last year's THUDtastic horror. Marrone is said to also be bringing back cleat burning at the cuse, after G-rob put an end to the practice.
Well i think i briefly(sort of) got you caught up on all IMPORTANT(villanova? tisk tisk) things Syracuse
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
6'6, 255 lbs
By the Numbers:Blocked for 1000 Yard Rusher Fajdir Jackson this past season. Blocking stats are inaccurate and probably are not even kept in high school. Imagine what he could do for David OKU. Oh, shit.
Video: You expect a lineman to have one?
- This kid may not be a 5 star recruit but appears to have a very good frame to build off of.
- First Team All State in Class AA this season.
- One of robinson's recruits, which could be a good or bad thing.
6'2, 180 lbs.
By the numbers: 99 Receptions, 969 yards, 13 TDs as a junior
103 Catches - Tied Maryland State Record
1,616 Receiving Yards - Set Maryland State Record
23 Receiving Touchdowns - Tied Maryland State Record
30 Total Touchdowns
4.4 40 yard dash
32 inch vertical
and to the 30 total touchdowns i say..... jesus christ who is this kid?
Let's go to the videotape.
I'll have some final thoughts for signing day tomorrow, including more prospect breakdowns.
I will also host a chat for the west virginia game tomorrow night.